Hey everybody! My name is Marina. I have a blog with my english class and on my blog, I have written opinions, facts, stories, etc. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cornell Notes for first Source

TITLE: Mother's Ache for Lost Teen
AUTHOR: Adrian Walker
YEAR PUBLISHED: 2001

Andrea Tadsha Magaw went missing on August 18th and hasn’t been found since. Andrea usually takes off a lot and has joined a society for teenage runaways. Unfortunately, Andrea has to take medicine for her mood disorder issue. If she does not take her medicine, then “she’ll go off and not know enough to come back.” This article depicts the difficulty that parents go through when their children run away. It shows what how parents feel about the situation.

“Like a lot of troubled teenagers she's 16 she had taken off before.”


It is every parent’s worst nightmare finding out that his or her child is hurt in some way or another. Whether it is running away; physical injuries; or even death.


"It would be any parent's nightmare. ' "I worry that somebody's taking advantage of her and she's allowing it to happen, because she doesn't know the difference," Magaw said, her voice breaking. "And my biggest fear is that I'll get a phone call or a knock on the door, and they'll tell me she's gone." '

It is really horrible if your parents don’t even know you well enough to tell the police department where you might go if you were to run away. It is every parents job to know where their child is at all times and to know their child very well; to be close with their child.

"If you'd asked me three months ago where she is, I would have said maybe Somerville," Magaw said. "But, I have no idea. We've been to Somerville, traced her tracks over there, put up fliers, and nothing."

No comments: