Hey everybody! My name is Marina. I have a blog with my english class and on my blog, I have written opinions, facts, stories, etc. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yay, my annotated bibliography for the article on Native Americans!

Grant, Steve. "Images In Stone: All Over New England Native Americans Left Clues
Called Petroglyphs." 27 Apr. 2008. Newspaper Source. EBSCO. Pascack Hills
HS Lib., Montvale NJ. 29 Apr. 2008 . In
this article, Steve Grant talks about how Native Americans left symbols and
clues for people today. The rock carvings done by Native Americans were the
"closest thing to the written word." Grant explains how he made
his way by the Connecticut River near Bellow Falls, Vermont. He finds
petroglyphs and explains deciphering them. The author discusses how the
symbols represent something very important in our history, unlike the
e-mails and text messages we use today. "He says a petroglyph is a
window into a long-ago culture." Grant explains how Edward J. Lenik,
archeologist from New Jersey, believes that petroglyphs are amazing to tell
Native Americans thoughts and beliefs.

No comments: