Hey everybody! My name is Marina. I have a blog with my english class and on my blog, I have written opinions, facts, stories, etc. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008



Hi everyone. Today, this post is about guilt. Guilt can mess with a person's mind. I know it has messed with mine. An example of someone who did something terrible and felt guilty about would be a character on the hit TV show One Tree Hill. In season 3, he killed his brother before he even knew whether his brother was responsible for what had happened to Dan. Well...Dan started to feel so guilty that he killed his own brother. Some people, (other characters on the show), found out that he killed him, but didn't say anthing to the police because they didn't have proof, but because Dan felt so guilty for what he did, he turned himself in! He would rather be in jail for years and years then live his life in pure guilt and regret. Guilt has also played tricks on me. When I was six years old, I broke my mom's favortie vase, which was her great-grandmother's. (meaning it was very important to her.) I took the vase and put it back together with a glue stick, (I was six, what do you expect), and I put it back where is was. I didn't tell my mom or anyone for that matter. After a couple of days, I started to feel so guilty for what I did and how my upset my mom would be if she found it like that instead of me telling her. I knew she would want me to be honest. I finally couldn't take it anymore, so I told her the truth.
In the shakespeare play Macbeth, Lady Macbeth started to feel very guilty after forcing her husband to kill King Duncan and the other people he killed. It actually came to the point where she began to sleep-walk and dream about the blood on her hands from the murder scene. The plot drastically changed when she was found dead. She most likely commited suicide though we are not know for sure. But if she did commit suicide, it was because of the guilt the murders were putting on her.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Marina!!! I have to say that I think this is one of your strongest blog posts-so nice job. I enjoyed your story about how you felt guilty when you broke your mom's vase. Your story related perfectly to the topic of guilt. And I love your little guilt animation thing!-very nice :)

-Amanda!